Constant Battle, Until Now

I'll admit it, I've never been the medical definition of obese but I did get to a point where I was completely disgusted with myself and as unhealthy as I'd ever been as well as unable to breathe in my very, very tight pants.

At 25 I had to make a decision. Either go up one more pants size (again) or start losing weight. I chose the latter.

At that point in time I found The Business Plan For the Body and this approach really resonated with me. Being an engineer, the calories in/calories out formula made sense to my logical mind and it definitely worked for me then.

I've never fallen for any of the other BS schemes. I thought about taking pills when I was really feeling frustrated but decided that didn't make sense or sound healthy. I've never gone for a plan that involved a company that sold products. Of course that's a scheme. (To take your money)

Ever since then, (19 years) I've been tracking my calorie intake fairly consistently. Usually when I don't my weight goes up again. I've always been a yo-yo dieter. I get in shape, feel good about where I'm at and then get lazy. I definitely have to keep on top of it or I will get fat again.

Even though I've, never gotten back up to that weight that initially triggered me to get on the weight loss bandwagon, I was continually find myself feeling bloated, constipated, and just plain ill.

Until recently.

For the last 5 months, I've been eating low-carb, high-fat and I'm loving it! I was eating something like 700% of my daily calorie allowance in carbs and it was making me feel terrible! Since I've gone low carb, I've lost 15 pounds, my digestion is better, my skin is better, everything is better. Even my moods have evened out and I don't have hypoglycemic (hangry) moments anymore.

The best part is, I don't have to write down everything going in my mouth anymore. I slipped up for about a month recently and didn't track any of my food intake. (Way too busy) At the end of that month? I was down 2 pounds! That would never be the case if I was just doing calorie in/calorie out and still eating all of those carbs. I've got records to prove it.

Also, there are no name brand products to buy like Atkins or Weight Watchers. Grocery shopping is pretty laser focused anymore. Meat, dairy, vegetables. Done. In fact if it has a name brand on it, I'm skeptical. 

I know 5 months doesn't seem long enough to count for anything but I can tell this is working and my health in general is at an all time high. At least since I was 25. I would love to hear that it helped you too. I'm hoping to help you with that.

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.