OMG! OMG! OMG!

I've mentioned before that I have several relatives that are quite unhealthy. My Aunt who has had cancer, twice. My Mom who is pre-diabetic. Her husband who is full on diabetic and takes insulin regularly. As well as other relatives with gall stones, more diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, heart problems, and all of them, all of them have allergies.

So I have to say I was quite shocked and disgusted this evening when I stopped by to visit and I saw what their snack situation looked like. I wish I was making this up but I'm not...my Aunt, Mom and her husband are in a beach rental this weekend. They will be there for 3 days. Here is a list of what was visible to me, on the counters and the table:

  • Three 2 lb. bags of M&M's (different flavors)
  • Two 1 lb bags of Worthers (different flavors)
  • A can of Swiss Miss cocoa
  • 3 bottles of Jones Soda (green, red, and yellow)
  • 2 packages of butterhorn pastries
  • Bag of Oreos
  • A 2 lb bag of Reeses peanut butter cups
  • A bag of tortilla chips
  • A box of crackers
  • A bunch of grapes
  • A bunch of cherries
All of them, opened. 😨 !!!

I'm pretty sure the grapes and cherries were there as the "healthy" option but those are some of the highest sugar fruits there are.

I'm no saint but I haven't eaten that much sugar in the last 5 years let alone during a 3 day vacation!!!

I'm not really sure what to think but the first thing that comes to mind is that these are grown-assed adults who should know better! I honestly feel like they may be trying to purposely kill themselves.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure the fact that I don't eat like that is why I don't have the ailments that the rest of my family does. It can't just be luck. I just wish there was some way to make them realize what they are doing to themselves. 😢

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.