30 Days Sugar Free

I've been thinking about cutting sugar out of my diet. (Coffee too but I'm not ready to go there just yet.) Today I ran across an article by Zen to Fitness called 30 Day Sugar Free Challenge and it brought this idea back into focus for me.

I believe there are many reasons to cut sugar, whether you are overweight or not. For some it can be a source of extra calories and for others it's downright dangerous. In general it's one of those things that is easy to over indulge in and while it's very pleasurable and delicious, it's not really healthy.

Currently even though I take in some amount of sugar everyday, I am staying inside of my maintenance weight calorie goal so I doubt I will see any significant changes in my weight but maybe. I'm not really sure what kind of results I'll see but that's what 30 day trials are for!

In the Zen to Fitness article he mentions

This January marks the beginning of International Sugar Free Month and the 30 Sugar Free Days Challenge, organized by Dr. Scott Olson, ND author of the book Sugarettes, as a way to bring awareness to the addictive qualities of sugar and the health hazards of that addiction.


I'm going to go ahead and do the 30 Sugar Free Challenge in January. A couple of modifications though; there are 31 days in January so I'm going to make mine a 31 day challenge. The other thing is that while I like a challenge, and while I like Dr. Olson's idea of sugar free, there is something slightly ooky about the info on his website that leaves me feeling like I've been pitched a too-good-to-be-true gimmicky weight loss scam so I'm just going to cut out sugar in it's simplest form rather than follow his plan specifically.
  • No Sugar
  • No chocolate
  • No ice cream
  • No candy
  • No cakes or cookies
  • No mochas or lattes

I didn't list soda because I never drink it anyway.

So, I'm probably not going to post daily lists of what I do eat like in the vegetarian challenge but I will report weekly and let you know how I'm feeling, what I'm experiencing and if there are any significant physical results from this experiment.

Feel free to join me, and report your results in the comments. I'd love to hear from you.

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.