Progress is Fun

On November 12th I started the Stronglifts 5x5 program. I've been going regularly on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays except for Thanksgiving week. So in actuality, I've done three full weeks of this program.

Three weeks doesn't sound like much but I am seeing progress:
*I can't figure out why there is a big gap here, please scroll down, thank you!

































.StartingCurrent
Squats40 lb80 lb
Bench Press20 lb45 lb
Overhead Press30-30-30-30-30 lbs45-45-45-30-30 lbs
Deadlift45 lb80 lb
Push-ups12-8-818-11-10
Pull-ups10-7-610-10-8
Chin-ups10-6-610-10-10

It's fun to watch the numbers go up, even if it is just a tiny bit each time. I'm feeling my muscles more now too. When I sit, when I move; I'm aware that they are there and they are a little bigger. I've gained about 3 pounds since I started this. I can't tell visually or by the way my clothes fit but I'm sure it's new muscle. I'm watching my calorie intake carefully to make sure.

Two other exercise that are part of this program are prone bridges and reverse crunches. I've been surprised to find these are continuously challenging even though there is no increase in the weight (they are body weight exercises) or the reps.

I took before pictures; I think I'll get about two months under my belt before I take "after" pictures. Once I can see some progress in the pictures, I'll post them. I'm a little shy about putting pics of myself half naked on the internet but for the sake of making a point and encouraging others, I'll get over it.

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.