Finding My Own Way

Most exercise and weight training programs advise you to have a rest day between workouts to give your body time to rest, recover, and repair. I think this makes sense if you are brand new to working out or are a hard-core body builder. For me, I've decided this is bogus.

As we all know, I only give fitness a half-assed approach as it is and when I add rest days in there, it just makes it worse. I've been working out very regularly except during my recent move for at least a year straight and I manage to stay the same but not make any visual improvements.

Not gaining weight is great, don't get me wrong but I want to be firm, and tight too. I lift weights as my main form of exercise so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Again, I don't get too serious about it but I would think I would look a little firmer than I do.

My main motivation for this desire is fueled but the fact that I am in a location where swimsuits are a staple apparel. And I've always been self conscious.

So, to get back to the whole working out every other day thing....I've decided not to worry about that. I'm going to go every time I feel like it...if its everyday, great! I'm hoping to get to that point. Currently it's a few random times a week but I want to up that...a lot.

I believe the body will adapt and shape itself to what it is being used for, not break down from overuse. Especially when the use isn't that strenuous to begin with. We'll see how it goes!


Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com



2 comments

Blogger said...

You might look into adding a session of HIIT into your routine. They suck to do, but the good news is that a short 20 min session is all you'll need.

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the idea. I'll check it out.

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.