Bulletproof Cocoa

Pretty much every site I've run across that talks about low-carb, high fat and/or Ketogenic eating suggests Bulletproof Coffee as a good way to get your daily fat macro. I tried it and it does suit that purpose but it totally ruins the coffee experience for me.

I like my coffee black, plain, unadulterated, whatever you want to call it, anything else and it's not coffee. So if you usually put creamer and flavoring in your coffee, Bulletproof Coffee is the way to go for your daily dose of fats.

For me? I created Bulletproof Cocoa instead. It's perfect for a snack, or a replacement breakfast meal. I find I can go about 5 hours after this without being hungry.

Bulletproof Cocoa

  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. butter
  • 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
  • dash of cinnamon 
  • stevia or sweetener of choice
Heat over low heat in saucepan and mix with a stick blender until frothy.

Nutrition:(according to Cronometer)
Energy: 420.1kcal Protein: 2.8 Net Carbs: 5.8 Lipids: 43.3

 

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.