13 Week Walk/Run Program - Week 9 - Day 1

Today's objective: Run 10 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Run 20 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Run 15 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Run 10 minutes. Walk 1 minute.

I decided to redo week 9 again since I haven't had a lot of opportunity to run while we were moving. It started out pretty good, I wasn't really ready to stop at the 10 minute mark and I made it through the 20 minute portion with just a little coaxing from myself but halfway through the 15 minute section, I felt like I had had enough. My body was sooo tired. I managed to finish the 15 minute portion but ended up walking the 10 minute run as my cooldown instead.

I still ran 45 minutes. (That's my justification) and I covered almost 5 miles with my warmup and cooldown. The next two runs this week are also about 45 minutes so there should be no reason I can't make them.

I think I'm a little intimidated about the next week. Run 30 minutes, walk 1, run 30 again. I'm kind of excited about it too. It would be quite an accomplishment for me; something I've never done.

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.