13 Week Walk/Run Program - Week 9 - Day 1

Today's objective: Run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 20 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 15 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 10 minutes.

After a two week illness that set me back several weeks in my training, I've finally caught back up and progressed into the next week; week 9. As usual, it sounded hard and I wasn't sure I would make it but I felt very strong today. I did the whole thing, as outlined and I am very proud of myself.

I'm pretty convinced that the 1 minute walk intervals are entirely mental. After running 20 minutes, I don't see how a 1 minute break makes that much difference to my body. I'm still glad for them though.

I've finally gotten my husband motivated to get back in the gym again and I'm excited to start lifting weights again. That always helps me lose weight. Maybe now I'll start seeing some progress!


Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com

Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.