13 Week Walk/Run Program - Week 6 - Day 3

Today's objective: Run 3 minutes. Walk 1 minute. Do this 10 times.

Today, I programmed my Gymboss Interval Timer for ten, three minute/one minute intervals. The Garmin Forerunner 305 will do interval timing but I continue to use the Gymboss because of it's vibrate function. You don't have to look at it or listen for it to know it's time to switch activities.

Six weeks! Wow! I'm really impressed with myself. This is probably the most dedicatied I've ever been to a training program. I think the incremental progress works for my brain. It keeps me wanting to reach the new goals and the progress is slow enough that I actually do meet them so it's fun too. I'm curious to see what happens to my motivation when the program is over. I may have to start the marathon training program just to keep myself on track.

I was still pretty tired today and my ankles felt weak. I'm glad to have the next two days off. Next week is another huge jump forward; ten minute intervals! That's twice what I did this week! Scary!

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com


Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.