Why Is It So Hard?

A question that has been on my mind for years is this: Why is it that being healthy seems to be so hard for humans to obtain? I mean seriously, we're humans, shouldn't doing what's best for a human come naturally? Don't wolves instinctively know how to hunt, what to hunt and they eat what they need when they need it? Don't rabbits nibble on the right plants to fill their bellies but not on the ones that will kill them? Why is it that humans have lost this ability, or really, did we ever have it?

Nothing seems to be easy or instinctual for us anymore. I say that, assuming that at some point in human history it was...I don't know that. Since I've been alive, eating right, exercising properly and doing what's best for us seems to be a lot of work as well as a lost art. Or maybe, I'm overgeneralizing. Maybe it's just Americans. That could be.

Technology, which seems to have improved every other aspect of our lives; safer cars, better sports equipment; seems to have backfired on us in the food area. While we were working on ways to make food last longer, we started adding this ingredient and that ingredient...the next thing you know we've got isles and isles of different cookie options and umpteen different varieties of preservative laden food items that taste good and provides basic nutrition but nothing really healthy or lasting.

To be perfectly honest, I don't have the answers to these questions, I wish I did. So what I am really doing here is opening this up for your ideas and comments. I'd love to hear them.

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com



Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.