13 Week Walk/Run Program - Week 2 - Day 1

Today's objective: Run 2 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 11 times.

I made it!

I have to admit, I had to really talk myself into finishing today. I had to tell myself that today was the hardest day and honestly, if I weren't coming back to report my results to this blog, I probably would have walked the last two run intervals. I can't say I was moving all that fast for the last few but I did it and I'm very happy with myself.

Pushing myself to do something hard physically has never been a strong point of mine. I really am determined to complete this program and learn to run though. The accountability I've imposed on myself by keeping this blog helps.

Today was hard! The two minute run intervals seemed much longer than twice what I was doing last week. My legs got pretty tired about halfway and I'm really glad I figured out the breathing thing last week because I think it made the difference in accomplishing my goal today.

I'm expecting to be pretty sore tomorrow.

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com



Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.