13 Week Walk/Run Program - Week 3 - Day 3

Today's objective: Run 3 minutes. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 9 times.

About halfway through my training this morning, I found my rhythm. I didn't even realize I was looking for it, I just fell into it. My breathing changed too. It's funny because once I realized it and tried to focus on it and do it intentionally, I had a few issues but I spent the rest of the run focused on that and I have to say it made a huge difference in the remaining intervals.

I was impressed with my results today. I am definately seeing progress and that feels really good. I've completed 3 weeks and I've come so far already. The part that I love the most is that I look forward to it, I hope I still do after the program is over.

Next week is labeled recovery week. From what I can tell, instead of upping the activity levels this week, I'll be doing runs I've already done.

I know I keep saying this but if you've ever had an inkling to learn to run, need to start over after an extended amount of time off or just want a new program to shake things up a bit, the 13-Week Walk-Run Program is the way to go!

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com


Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.