Learning To Run

I've never been a runner. My preference has always been to use the elliptical over just about any other cardio. I can go crazy on the elliptical and not get too out of breath and it's low impact so it doesn't bother my knees. Typically I can get a good sweat going but I don't necessarily feel all that challenged by the elliptical.

Whenever I do run though, I feel it; everywhere. I can tell that it's a great all body workout. I'm usually very aware of my core muscles and my arms and my legs after running. Trouble is, I don't think I'm doing it right because my knee always hurts afterward.

For some reason, I want to learn to run. I've never wanted to before but it has been calling me lately so I ordered The Beginning Runner's Handbook: The Proven 13-Week Walk-Run Program. I'm hoping it arrives this week, it will be the perfect program to add to my current 16 week weight loss goal. From the reviews I've read it sounds like this is the perfect book for beginners. It covers everything from shoe selection to motivation as well as technique. Supposedly by the end of the 13 weeks, I should be able to run 10k!

Progress updates to follow.

Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com






0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.