13 Week Walk/Run Program - Week 1 - Day 1

Today's objective: Run 1 minute. Walk 2 minutes. Do this 12 times.

I set up my Gymboss Interval Timer to keep track of the changes from run to walk. It took me a few tries to get it positioned so that I could feel the vibrations while I was running. I ended up with it on my shoulder and that worked pretty well.

I decided to the best time for me to run would be in the early morning. There are a few reasons for this decision. Since I'm just starting out and I'm self conscious I will be running in the dark, I also live in a very warm climate so it's cooler at that time, and I don't think I could run with food in my stomach either so this way I go before breakfast.

I have to admit, I don't think I could have gone much further today. By the last three intervals I was counting every second of the one minute runs. One minute can feel very long when you are tired. I did it though and I'm excited to progress.

*Update: 1/27/10*
I was a little stiff getting out of bed this morning. My sides and my thighs right above my knees are the most tender but overall no pain and some soreness is to be expected with any new program. I'm looking forward to day #2 tomorrow!


Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com



Buy the Gymboss Interval Timer

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.