New Life, New Exercise Program

I am just now getting settled after my 5,343 mile move across the world. I now live in the Marshall Islands on a tiny island called Kwajalein. This world is totally different than my last one.

The tropical weather is nice; shorts, short sleeves, and sandals, all the time; even to work. Because it is an island and there is not much elevation, the wind blows all the time. It's actually a good thing or it would be miserably hot. So the nice weather makes it more enjoyable to be outside. No more excuses about it being too cold.

One of the biggest differences is that now I do not have a car. It's not even an option. The island is small so the main mode of transportation is bicycle. I work just over a mile from my living quarters and on the way to work the wind is at my back but on the way home or any time I need to conduct business "downtown" (you have to see it to know why that is in quotes) I ride against the wind. What a workout!!

Today I had to run several errands spread out over the course of the day so I made 4 trips into the wind altogether and besides my rear end being sore because I rarely rode a bike up to this point, I'm pooped. It takes a lot of effort! I'm not complaining...it's a fun new way to burn calories and I'm kind of happy about it.

I finally found the gym here today but because we are on a military base, it has a code on the door and I couldn't remember it so I didn't make it in. I'll try again tomorrow. I really want to lift some weights!

I will be experiencing snorkeling tomorrow for the first time in my life. I'm not sure if it's exercise or not but I'll find out and let you know.

My apologies for taking so long to get back on track, this was a pretty major change and I can already see some new topics for discussion coming up so stay tuned!


Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com



0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.