Stir-Fried Sesame Tofu With Baby Bok Choy

From FitnessMagazine.com

INGREDIENTS
1 tsp sesame oil
1 1/4 cups sliced baby bok choy
3 tbs sliced shallots
1/3 cup sliced or cubed extra-firm tofu
3 tbs teriyaki sauce
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Cooked rice noodles

DIRECTIONS
Heat oil in a nonstick skillet.
Add bok choy and shallots; stir-fry 3 minutes.
Add tofu, teriyaki sauce and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes.
Toss with noodles and toasted sesame seeds.

Nutrition facts per serving:
Calories 323
Total Fat (g) 6
Saturated Fat (g) 1
Carbohydrate (g) 59
Fiber (g) 1
Protein (g) 8

This turned out good. Next time I make this
I would cut back on the noodles . The recipe does not specify and I used an entire bag of rice noodles. The package said it would make 2 cups when prepared but it ended up being more like 4 cups.
Tofu is not really one of my favorite foods. I'm a texture person and it's kind of mushy for my palette but this time I purchased super firm and cut it into very small pieces. This made it very acceptable. Being the prepared person that I am, I also didn't have any sesame seeds, it would probably make it just that much better.

It's unclear what a serving is in these recipes from Fitness Magazine as well as how much of certain ingredients you are supposed to use. I usually end up recalculating the calorie count because I've substituted some ingredient or another. I do this by using the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com to add up the calories in all of the ingredients together and then divide by the number of servings.

I will definitely make this again.

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.