More Alternative Methods To The Rescue

I'm simultaneously annoyed, frustrated, and thrilled at finding a new way to clean my face.

For 30 years (or more) I've had blackheads and acne issues. My pores are excruciatingly large and therefore prone to filling with junk and causing me to break out. I've always had combination skin, dry around the cheeks and oily across my forehead and around my nose. As a teenager, I usually used an astringent to clear up the oil but it never did anything for the blackheads.

Recently, I ditched all of my other moisturizers for coconut oil, including my face lotion which I usually only used right after a shower.  The coconut oil has been great. It's been moisturizing and kind of evening out my skin, I've noticed my skin hasn't been nearly as oily in general. But again, it does nothing for the blackheads and that's what's been driving me the most crazy for the longest time.

Well, thank God for the internet once again because a new search on how to deal with this problem, naturally of course, has brought me this:

The Oil Cleansing Method

Sounds crazy, right? Well, I was halfway there by using coconut oil, it just needed a little bit of tweaking.

Wellness Mama has done it again, I find all kinds of great info on her site. She describes using a mixture of oils to clean your face with by rubbing it in, letting it sit, and then gently steaming and cleaning the oil off with a wet wash cloth.

I've only been doing this for two days and I can see major improvement in the reduction of blackheads!!!

I was so close, if I had been putting the coconut oil on before my showers, I might have seen a difference, or maybe it really needed to be a combination of oils. Right now, I'm using a half and half mix of olive and avocado oil since that's all I had on hand. I may just stick with that since the improvement has been so great.

This post doesn't have much to do with diet or fitness, which are my usual topics but I just had to talk about this. Also, since I've switched to #lchf, my weight has stabilized and I don't have as much to share. It's working.

Hopefully this will help someone else before they spend 30+ years annoyed by their skin. I couldn't be happier!

1 comments

Rebecca said...

It's been 5 days now and I couldn't be happier. The blackheads are gone, my skin tone, color, and texture have evened out and my face looks healthier in general.

I've started using it on my arms now too, to see what happens. I have quite a bit of sun damage and some new (yay - ugh) age spots.

After just a couple of days it seems to be evening these out as well but that could just be wishful thinking on my part. I'll keep it up and report back after more time has passed.

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.