Probably The BEST #lchf Recipe Yet

OMG!!!

Honestly, I don't think I'm overreacting just because I've had nothing to eat all day. I didn't even feel hungry at 7:30 pm when I started cooking. That is waaay late for me, but I was busy today. Getting Shit. Done.

I'm typically a recipe gal. I don't do well without the boundaries and guidelines a recipe provides but that is typically just a starting place for me. My real strength lies in doctoring recipes. I always cook them to the letter as much as I can the first time but then once I have a baseline, I like to critique and evaluate them for ways to make them better.

This is more of a mashup than a recipe edit.

I found this great recipe at Damn Delicious and it is fabulous on it's own. I think it's really cute how she says "this is just one of those dishes to make on your “cheat day". LOL.  Little does she know, she's made a perfect #lchf #keto recipe that pretty much anyone doing #lchf or #keto could eat every day of the year.

Garlic Butter Shrimp


Ingredients:

  •     8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
  •     1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
  •     Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  •     5 cloves garlic, minced
  •     1/4 cup chicken stock
  •     Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
  •     2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

Directions:

  •     Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  •     Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
  •     Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
  •     Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
Now, this is fabulous on it's own but add it to another #lchf recipe I've recently found and it's a match made in heaven!

Butter Fried Green Cabbage

Ingredients:

  • 1½ lbs shredded green cabbage
  • 3½ oz. butter
  • salt and pepper

Directions:

  •         Melt butter in a frying pan.
  •         Sauté the shredded cabbage on medium heat for at least 15 minutes or until the cabbage reaches desired color and consistency. (I go for fairly singed)
  •         Lower the heat a little towards the end. Stir regularly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

So much buttery goodness!!!

Seriously, do yourself a favor and try it.  It may just be your new favorite thing! This is definitely going in my weekly rotation!

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.