Misstated Goals

I mentioned in my last post that my goal was to lose 15 pounds in the next 4 months. That's slightly misleading. Weight is just a number, there are a lot of factors that affect the number on the scale; water retention, whether you have food in your stomach when you weigh, how much buildup is in your bowels, etc. I typically use my weigh-ins as a tracking mechanism, not the end-all-be-all goal.

My weight actually falls in the healthy weight range according to the CDC. By healthy they mean I'm not apt to keel over and have a heart attack anytime soon but what I am looking for is a "comfortable" weight. One that doesn't make me want to come home after work and put on stretch pants or sweats, one where my thighs don't rub and make my shorts ride up when I walk.

So here's really what I'm looking for:

  • I don't want to have to buy bigger clothes.
  • I want my skinny thighs back!
  • I dont' want my stomach to stick out as far as my chest anymore.
  • I don't want to jiggle when I walk.
I know that I am going to have to be very firm with myself to meet this goal but I'm ready. I'm not happy and I'm the only one that can change it. Fortunately, I have all of the tools I need right here on this site. Follow along and you will see!





Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com



0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.