Transitioning: What do I do Without a Gym For Two Weeks?

I've gotten to the point where I love going to the gym. In general I love being active but the gym is my biggest resource for that since I live in Montana and I can tell you, it's 5 degrees above zero right now and there is no way I'm going outside for some exercise.

Currently, I'm in the middle of a transition. I had to give a 30 day notice to cancel my gym membership and I wasn't 100% sure when my transition was going to take place. The way it worked out, I am going to be gymless for two weeks before I get to my new destination. I imagine it will take a few days to a week to get settled and find the gym and how it fits into my routine in the new location so probably three weeks I will have to find ways to be active without that resource.

So far I am planning to walk to work more. Granted it's still a cold activity but I can dress warm enough for that, it's not like I'll need clothes that provide flexibility and range of motion for that. It's just short of two miles from home to work so it's a pretty decent amount of exercise. Especially if I go both ways.

Yoga was part of my weekly routine for awhile but with the move my house is a wreck and I don't have the space for it. I'm going to clear a space for my yoga mat and include that again too. Between those two activities, I should keep from going stir crazy or getting too out of shape before I can get back into a formal exercise environment. I'm really going to miss the weightlifting but I am moving so there are boxes to lift!

Anyone else have any ideas? I've never really worked out at home unless I owned equipment like a Spinning bike or Bowflex. I don't have those anymore because of the move so I could use some suggestions.


Try the Calorie Counter at MyFoodDiary.com




0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.