Time For A New Post!

I've admitted before that I am a roller coaster ride when it comes to fitness and health. Well, the coaster is back on an upswing and this time it's a big one!

I'm going to document my latest fad; hiking...backpacking specifically.

Previously in life, I've done quite a bit of hiking and a small amount of backpacking. Hiking in 7 miles to a spot you can't reach by car and then staying for a few days and returning. Nothing serious by far.

That is changing. I'm now moving into the realm of hiking/backpacking athlete. We're planning to hike the Appalachian Trail. That means I need to get in shape (again) and I've been learning a ton about feuling my body, recovering, and equipment to make my life more enjoyable while we hike.

I'm having to modify some things as well. For instance, my body does not enjoy eating while on the move. Or eating when I am not hungry. Both of those things are necessary when doing an intense workout so I'll be going over my workarounds and sharing the results along the way.

Wish me luck!

0 comments

Disclaimer

The contents of this site are for informational purposes only. The content is not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.

Always seek the advice of your physician, or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of content found on this site.